Port Call(s) and Shipping
Contact: John Van Hyfte at (979) 845-2144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: As a result of US Government export and import control regulations, the JRSO is no longer able to forward third-party (i.e., non-IODP owned or controlled) shipments such as laboratory equipment and supplies from College Station to the JOIDES Resolution port call locations. Instead, scientists must ship laboratory equipment directly to the port where their expedition starts and arrange for its return at the end of the expedition, if required. Please contact the Expedition Project Manager of your expedition for more information on where and when shipments should be sent, and what information the JRSO needs before equipment can be allowed on board.
Expedition 395E: Hole U1309D Remediation and Engineering Testing
Port Call(s): 6 April 2021, Cape Town, South Africa
Please note that due to the ongoing 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and COVID-19 pandemic, the schedule is fluid and subject to change.
SURFACE freight shipping dates
- No surface freight shipments will be scheduled for the tie-up period before Expedition 395E.
AIR freight shipping dates
The Expedition 395E air freight shipping dates have changed. Please note the following:
- We will send an air freight shipment every Friday until 26 Mar 2021.
- All freight information must be submitted by 5 p.m. each Monday.
- All freight must on the dock no later than 1 p.m. each Thursday.
- 1 March 2021, 5 p.m.—Air freight information for all items identified for air freight shipping is due to Mike or Tyrone in the B130 shipping/receiving office. Information should include item description, value, export control information, and any special handling requirements. Additional items may be added up to the shipping deadlines given below.
NOTE: Please provide the air freight information as soon as you know an item needs to be shipped. Manager approval is required for all air freight items.
- 1 March 2021, 5 p.m.—Air hazardous freight must be physically delivered to the shipping/receiving area. Information should include item description, value, export control information, and any special handling requirements.
NOTE: If the item is "Hazardous," a current copy of the SDS must be provided if it is not already on file.
- 4 March 2021, 1 p.m.—All other air freight must be physically delivered into the shipping/receiving area. Final shipping papers will be printed for items already physically there and no additions can be made once the papers have been generated.
Public Relations Events
Contact: Laurel Childress at (979) 845-0506 or email@example.com