The Curation group oversees several core repositories around the world and distributes samples according to the IODP Sample, Data, and Obligations Policy:
- IODP Sample, Data, and Obligations Policy & Implementation Guidelines July 2014
(for expeditions starting between November 2014 and May 2018)
- IODP Sample, Data, and Obligations Policy & Implementation Guidelines May 2018
(for expeditions starting October 2018 and later)
The following resources are available to facilitate scientific research:
- Sample requests
- Description of core sample types
- Online access to core images to facilitate sample selection
- Core repositories: collection and contact information
- Permanent archives of IODP, ODP, & DSDP cores
- Archives of frozen microbiology samples
- Micropaleontological Reference Centers: collection and contact information
- Sample moratorium end dates
Sample information can be obtained from the Janus database (ODP Legs and IODP expeditions through 312) or the LIMS database (starting with IODP expedition 317).
Note Samples from USIO expeditions taken postcruise at the Kochi or Bremen repositories can be accessed via J-CORES (Kochi) or Pangaea (Bremen).